07 July 2014

Fourth Batch Brewed


For my fourth batch of beer that I brewed recently, I decided to once again use only 8oz of extra pale malt extract, as I had with my last batch. I decided, though to switch up the yeast to California Ale Yeast (White Labs WLP001), just as I had used for my first batch, since I was finding the last couple of batches with the Belgian Ale Yeast to be a bit too fruity for my tastes.  

For my hopping schedule, I kept it at my usual 90-minute schedule.  However, instead of using four different types of hops at 2oz each, I went with 4oz of one and two others of 2oz each:
90 minutes before end of boil 2oz Simcoe (13.0% Alpha Acid)
75 minutes before end of boil 1oz Summit (17.3% Alpha Acid)
60 minutes before end of boil 1oz Summit (17.3% Alpha Acid)
45 minutes before end of boil 1oz Galaxy (15.0% Alpha Acid)
30 minutes before end of boil 1oz Galaxy (15.0% Alpha Acid)
15 minutes before end of boil 1oz Simcoe (13.0% Alpha Acid)
At end of boil 1oz Simcoe (13.0% Alpha Acid)
Hopefully, this batch is an improvement....

No comments: