19 June 2012

Spending the Next Few Weeks at BBYO's ILTC as a Judaic Educator

Teaching last year at ILTC 2011
Tonight, I am flying eastward to head to B'nai B'rith Perlman Camp for my second straight summer serving as a Judaic educator for BBYO's International Leadership Training Conference (ILTC).  ILTC is, according to the BBYO website, 
International Leadership Training Conference allows teens to explore the skills that a regional/council leader need in order to affect change within AZA/BBG and across the world. This program is designed for teens that are or aspire to be council, regional and international leaders. Participants return home with strengthened leadership skills, and ideas and tools to implement in their region. Come build character and identity, and begin a life-long relationship with BBYO, AZA and BBG.
Although this year's ILTC will be my second straight as a Judaic educator, it will be my sixth time at ILTC.  After having enjoyed ILTC as a participant in 1998 (my first ever BBYO international program*), I then returned as a madrikh (essentially, cabin staff, but this position does a lot of random tasks, as well) for the ILTCs of 2002, 2003, and 2004.**  I've always enjoyed the BBYO-focus of ILTC, as well as on leadership, which is a concept that I've enjoyed (at least discussing).  But another element, of course, that has intrigued me at ILTC is the Jewish element, which I will be engaging with once again....

* I also attended International Conventions of 1998, 1999, and 2000, as well as the 1999 Kallah (all of which were at BBPC).  
** I also staffed the 2002 and 2003 Kallahs, as well as two CLTCs in 2004.

No comments: