01 March 2021

Morning Minute Musings: The Origin

How and why did I create my "Morning Minute Musing" series?

Having done my "Few with Drew" series in the spring of 2020 after the outset of the "Coronatine", which allowed me to share a few things of what was going on on a daily basis during those early months of the global pandemic when we were just at home, I then began a new job, which took me out of the house.

As such, I didn't think it would be fitting to continue with my "Few with Drew" series, as I had now taken a new job, especially when so many people were losing their jobs. Moreover, the premise of "Few with Drew" was sharing what was going on while staying at home. Now that I would be heading outside of our house to work, it would not make sense to continue with the series.

However, I had enjoyed the process and sharing, so I came up with "Morning Minute Musing", which would be one-minute videos about work, working, and other professional activities.

Of course, due to my background as a rabbi, some of would relate to that; as a real estate agent, some would relate to that; and as someone working during a pandemic, some of it would relate to that.

I then began creating the videos, which I distributed to YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, followed by also eventually including TikTok.

While I haven't necessarily experienced high engagement with the videos online, sometime they yield some interesting engagement. For instance, my discussions of branding and rabbinic branding have led to some conversations about each of those topics with others, which I'm very excited to continue developing.

I hope to showcase these videos on this platform in the near future.

No comments: