06 November 2017

Excited to Be Attending JFNA's GA Next Week

I am very excited to be going to the Jewish Federations of North America's annual General Assembly taking place next week! While I have only attended once before - back in 2003 when it was in Philadelphia and I was a college student - I have wanted to attend again, I just haven't had the right opportunity. However, with the General Assembly coming to Los Angeles and my living just a short drive away, I really did not want to pass up this excellent opportunity to attend this huge Jewish event (people who know me well know that I love attending huge Jewish events).

I'll be honest - I haven't looked at the schedule yet, but will probably do so shortly after posting this. While I know there should be good stuff going on, I'm less interested in the specific content being presented at this current moment than I am for going to connect with people. I am super-excited to re-connect with folks I've met over the years, whether at other Jewish events or simply people I've met in professional contexts. And, of course, I'm excited to connect with cool people who I may not [yet] know. 

While I have secured a media pass for the event (I plan to write for Jewlicious) and am planning on writing primarily [but not necessarily exclusively] on speeches, panels, etc., I am also looking to network with people and see if there may be job opportunities out there.

In any event, it's coming up and I'm super-excited for my second GA!

No comments: