29 November 2020

Beginning to Take My Star Wars YouTube Channel Seriously


Years ago when I created my Star Wars website, I also set up my Star Wars YouTube channel, and, sure, I put up a few videos here and there, but no particular concerted effort. However, helped in part by the global pandemic, I recently realized that I had doubled my YouTube output, from 11 videos published on my Star Wars YouTube channel from when I published my first video in late November 2014 through early December 2019, with another 29 having been published since - so I've nearly tripled the output in the past 8 months versus the first 5 years(!).

While a big driver of the new content were my quick book reviews, there has been a huge renewal in interest from fellow Star Wars fans, largely due to The Mandalorian, so I've been focussing more on that, with not only quick reaction videos after each episode of the second season, but also some further helpful videos related to the episodes (e.g. "Cobb Vanth in Boba Fett's Mandalorian Armor in the Aftermath Trilogy", "Mandalorians DO Remove Their Helmets", and "M-Count = Midi-chlorians?").

I realize people are loving the Mandalorian content on my YouTube channel, as well as the Darksaber, so I've been working on developing more of it, content-wise, but I also have begun thinking about visually working on my YouTube channel, including getting a new banner.

I would love to see where I can take this - both the YouTube channel, as well as developing my Star Wars content. I've also recently begun thinking about defining my niche(s) - it seems that I've had a lot of Mandalorian, Darksaber, and book content. I may also bring to YouTube some of the focus I have had with my Boba Fett and Darth Maul series....

In any event, I am curious to see how this continues to develop and we'll see where it goes.

No comments: