14 September 2012

A Cocktail for Rosh HaShanah?

I figured out a recipe for a Rosh HaShanah cocktail!
While wondering what would be good for a cocktail for Rosh HaShanah, which is only three nights away, I figured that apple liqueur and honey would be certainly necessary.  And, since I'm a whiskey guy, it should have that, as well.  Also, instead of simply squeezing in some honey, I should include honey syrup in the recipe.  
   So, I tried making one tonight initially with bourbon, honey liqueur, and honey syrup, but I didn't think that was a good fit.  However, I came up with the following recipe which I really liked:
     Mix the following in a glass with ice: 2 ounces of Jameson Irish Whiskey, 1/2 ounce of Berentzen Apple Liqueur, 1/2 ounce of honey syrup (1/4 ounce of water and 1/4 ounce of honey stirred together), and a dash of Angostura aromatic bitters.  Then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.  Voila - a cocktail for Rosh HaShanah!
     Below, you can see a video I made showing how I made this cocktail:

No comments: