18 May 2012

30 Days of 30 Drinks by a 30-Year Old Project Update: Week Three [Gin Week]

Holding a Jasmine cocktail, the last of five Gin Week drinks
Continuing on with my 30 Days of 30 Drinks by a 30-Year Old project (week 1 and week 2), I made five more drinks and videos this week.  This week, I thematically went with gin as the base spirit, calling it "Gin Week".  Before getting involved with mixing drinks a half-year ago, I don't think I had ever had gin or gin in a drink EVER.  Now, I've found gin to be an interesting spirit, which is sad considering that it is not a particularly popular spirit in America (vodka much outpaces it, with whiskeys and tequila being more popular).
The five gin-based drinks I made this week:

Day 10: Gimlet
Day 11: White Lady
Day 12: Negroni
Day 13: Tom Collins
Day 14: Jasmine 

Stay tuned for next week, either on my YouTube channel or look out for #30Days30Drinks on my twitter account.

No comments: