23 April 2006

Sunday & Monday (Part 2 of My Fourth Visit To New Orleans)

When I arrived Sunday, I went with my sister and another guy to Kosher Cajun, which was thankfully open during Passover. I had a delicious (quite) matzah ball soup and I also got a sandwich, which was also good. It was definitely clutch. I highly recommend eating there in addition to checking them out for kosher products whenever in New Orleans.
From there, we went to my sister's apartment and dropped off my baggage, and eventually headed over to the French Quarter with a couple others, as well to do some walking around and exploring. While it was frustrating not to enjoy any normally kosher food (it was Passover, remember), it was a nice time and nice weather (in the 80s) and I got to see some of New Orleans (as it turns out, it was to be my only time that I did any wandering around of the city this trip).
Afterwards, we went to see a movie and it was a good evening.
Monday ended up being not much of a touristy day. Alas, it was the day after Easter and just like the day before, many things were not open. Yes, it was the only full day I had to go and do touristy stuff, but I guess I didn't take advantage of it to the fullest.

No comments: