21 October 2009

Moving to California: Heading to the Other Coast For an Exciting Job

After living in New York City for over five years, my wife, my daughter, and I are moving out to Long Beach, California! And even though we just moved into a new apartment less than two months ago, we are packing right back up again.
On 9 November, we will be heading out to Long Beach, California to begin our new jobs. Rachel will be the new Executive Director at the Long Beach Hillel and I will be providing rabbinic support to colleges and high schools in the Long Beach area and in Orange County (my predecessor called the position the Alevy Family Campus Rabbi as part of Alevy Jewish Student Services).
Oh, and here's where you can get jealous: the average temperature year-round is in the 70s ;)

3 comments:

Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

I am going bonkers with jealousy...and of course, joy for you guys!!! I want you to take many, many photos of the beaches and the palm trees and yourself and family strategically standing on and by all of them. :) I hope they know what a great deal they're getting.

Drew Kaplan said...

lol - thank you very much: we are def'ly looking forward to the weather and surroundings and will certainly take gobs of photos :)

Anoop T U said...

There are no real Californians. There are only people who live there and people who don't. I hope you have an excellent time at California.

HelpMovingToCalifornia providing useful information for an easy move to California.