30 December 2021

2021: My Biggest Year of Podcasting

2021 was my biggest year of podcasting yet. This was likely due to the pandemic.

Granted, 2020 was a big year for podcasting, in general, and for me also, especially since 2020 marked the first full year of running my own podcast, which I had begun in the fall of 2019. What I think marks 2021 differently than 2020 is also appearing on more podcasts others published. The most numerous of these are my appearance on a podcast about the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), although I appeared on others, as well.

Of the 48 podcast appearances on which I appeared in 2021, 31 of these were for my own podcast, The Jewish Drinking Show. While this was fewer than the 44 episodes I published in 2020, if one combines all of my appearances on podcasts, it still felt like more than 2020. 

In 2021, I appeared ten times on an MCU podcast

Having mentioned my ten appearances on an MCU podcast, it was largely driven by all of the new Marvel shows that are that have been coming out in Disney Plus, which has been really exciting and has really driven my fandom this year, vastly far surpassing my interest in Star Wars. My interest in Star Wars in recent years has been waning, in general, and certainly in comparison to the MCU. Although I did appear on a few Star Wars podcasts, it wasn't at the same level. 

I appeared a couple of times on Let There be Light

In the Jewish realm, I appeared on the American Israelite's podcast a couple of times in-studio as a sort of rabbi-in-residence for the podcast, Let There be Light. I also appeared on a couple of other podcasts, primarily to promote The Jewish Drinking Show

One other thing that also upped my podcasting game this year was getting a proper microphone for such endeavors. I was able to get this after someone had gifted me an Amazon gift card for a video-editing project that I did and I very much appreciated that token of their appreciation, which was just enough to get a Blue yeti microphone, which definitely elevated my audio quality for podcasting, whether appearing as a guest or for hosting.

Here is a listing of my podcast appearances in 2021:

Star Wars Podcasting:

MCU Podcasting:

Jewish Podcasting:

The Jewish Drinking Show (in reverse chronological order):

 

 


No comments: